The sheer cuteness and popularity of designer dogs makes them increasingly noticeable dog breeds. One of the most popular of these designer dogs is the Morkie. The Morkie is a highly-coveted dog known for its small size and nature. Is a Morkie right for you? These Morkie FAQs should help you learn more about this adorable breed.
- Q: What is a Morkie?
- A: A Morkie is a designer dog. They are a cross breed between Maltese and Yorkshire Terriers.
- Q: What do Morkies look like?
- A: Morkies are black or brown. Other Morkies could have a little bit of white fur. Their fur is wavy and can grow long lengths that require regular grooming.
- Q: What size dog is a Morkie?
- A: Morkie’s are small dogs.They weigh between 3 and 10 lbs and are about 8 to 10 inches in height.
- Q: Are Morkie’s hypoallergenic?
- A: While there is no dog that is truly hypoallergenic, Morkie’s are considered a hypoallergenic dog. Their fur is very soft and tends not to shed. So, if you or someone you know is allergic to pet hair and dander, this breed is one to consider.
- Q: What is the temperament of a Morkie?
- A: Morkie’s are very energetic dogs. Their high level of intelligence makes them easy to train, but housebreaking them may require some time.They are great with kids. It is recommended, because of their size, that they are around older children. While not commonly thought of as watchdogs, their apprehensive nature makes them alert their owners that someone new is around, offering at least some protection against robberies and break-ins.